Mar 4, 2011

Bike Fit and Team Dinner

Time flies super fast.  Except for this morning.  How can you not watch the minutes tick by regardless of how much work you get accomplished knowing that you get to see your brand new bike at 1:30pm...

I finally got acquainted with my bike.  We're going to get along JUST fine! ;).  I was super thrilled with my awesome Body Geometry fit at Specialized in Montréal.  Specialized has really got down an extremely detailed and concise fitting system.  I couldn't believe the plethora of tests they passed with me to make sure that I was positioned just right with my new ride.


Tomorrow I'm going to get a final adjustment with my Speedplay cleats on the S-Works shoes.  (I love the shoes, there's a BOA system that's really easy to adjust to just the right tension.  I started riding with this model of shoe last year)  The red pedals look great on the bike...

When I got to Le Pencastel for the team dinner,  the first thing I saw in the lot was the new MAZDA5, looking superfly in our team colours thanks to Jolifilm (www.jolifilm.ca).  Great job guys.  The car is fully equipped with a trailer and a 5 bike Thule rack.  Our second car will be decked out the same way.

Malcom gave an excellent presentation to the team (it's evident that he's not new at this...) and then dinner was served.  Thanks Gérard and Le Pencastel for the delicious four course meal. 

Before leaving, we were hooked up with part of our team digs.  Defeet has us totally set with tons of team socks, a pair of gloves, compression socks for travel and recovery, and base layers (why wasn't I introduced to Defeet's baselayers earlier?!  I love how light and well fitted they are).  Hincapie (who will be making our team kit) gave us all with backpacks to cart our stuff to and from races.

Thanks to E-load for the huge can of Endurance Formula drink mix.  I don't have to worry about running dangerously low again for awhile.  PHEWF!



Official team presentation will be held tomorrow at Specialized at 10:00am in Montréal (Ste. Anne de Bellevue).  Don't worry...I'll definitely be posting more news on that.  It'll be another exciting day!


Thank you to all of our sponsors for supporting Juvederm-Specialized-Mazda.  It's AWESOME to be backed by such a strong group of generous companies supporting us on our endeavor for excellence on the road.

1 comment:

  1. The new bikes look tremendous! I'm happy to note that my trusty old all-aluminum Specialized Allez shares the same genetic material :-)

    ReplyDelete