Mar 4, 2012

Merco Credit Union Cycling Classic

In less than two weeks I will leave Québec City for California to begin my race season at the San Dimas Stage Race.  My flight is booked.  I'm scheduled for another early morning take-off (early, as in before-the-roosters-wake-up).  I heard that early flights will make me even tougher...so, bring it on!

Optum Pro Cycling presented by Kelly Benefits Strategies has already kicked off the race season.  Several of my teammates raced at the Merco Credit Union Cycling Classic.  I'm offering them big props, from over here in Québec, for their excellent performance.  What a great way to start 2012! 

Joëlle Numainville won the title of Best Young Rider, and brought back second place overall in the general classification.

Leah Kirchmann (who placed second in the Best Young Rider category), Janel Holcomb, and Jade Wilcoxen brought home 4th, 5th, and 6th places (respectively).  Denise Ramsden was 4th in the Best Young Rider classification.  Annie Ewart and Emma Grant did a super job at helping get Optum Orange on the podiums.

Great job girls.  I'm cranked to start racing!

1 comment:

  1. We, your ever-impressed Groupies, are cranked to follow your 2012 exploits!

    ReplyDelete