Apr 16, 2012

I arrived in Asheville, NC the day after racing in Charlotte NC.  Still feeling sick, feeling a bit beat up, but eager to ride.  Until we were 1.5 hours into a 4 hour ride.  I thought I would lay down in a ditch beside my Orbea Orca, and take a nap. 

I didn't know how to get home on my own though.  So, my teammates let me suck their wheels, or "sit on" as some prefer to put it.  I did just that, and with some extra help from a syrupy caffinated drink, I managed to pedal the whole way through, and I enjoyed myself.

I got a lot of sweat in my eyes, hacked up a lot of phlegm, got blood all over my hands and face from an impromptu nosebleed that I chose to ignore, but I really, really, appreciated the rolling hills and the green landscape.  Asheville is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment