Aug 3, 2012

Speaking With People my Own Size

I used to think I was 5'4''.  Apparently I'm only 5'3''.  I don't feel short, but I'm told I am...

The Alexian Brothers Tour of Elk Grove begins this afternoon, but to get us into the spirt, and the school aged kids of Elk Grove IL, I went and gave a little speech at an elementary school with three of my Optum Pro Cycling presented by Kelly Benefit Strategies teammates.

We spoke about the team, our Orbea bikes, our Champion Systems kits (with pads for comfort, jersey pockets for snacks, and gloves for safety), our Lazer Helmets and our Look pedals.  We mentioned training and our skills, and why it's important to dream big. 

We answered a few great questions, like whether or not we need to adjust our bikes before every ride, at what age we knew we wanted to be pro cyclists, and, how hard it is to ride uphill.  What a super group of kids, and I'm looking forward to hearing lots of them cheer from the roadside while we're out racing hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment