Sep 3, 2012

Welcome to Ardèche

The international collection of teams has arrived in Ardèche.  Our accomodations are not typical, we're staying in a four-star campsite.  I'm sharing a fully-equipped cabin with my Canadian and Optum Pro Cycling presented by Kelly Benefits Strategies teammate, Joëlle.  There are plenty of activities for the campers here, a small water park, tennis courts and soccer fields and access to a river in the gorge for kayaking.  Our priorities are different though, we're here to race.

This morning, my Optum teammates, Joëlle and Leah, came out for a spin to ''open up the legs'' a little bit before our short prologue race that will kick off the 6 day event this evening. 
Leah on her Orbea TT bike
One of my favorite places to ride is alongside the gorges, going through a tunnel, way above the river.  Check out this short video of one of the scenic roads Leah and I rode on before the race!



We returned and our soigneur, the famous Michel from Belgium, had plenty of food for us to complement what we'll eat for the week.  I'm not sure about the 4.5lbs of butter, at least it will make our fridge look full...
I'll make sure the coffee gets put to good use but I'm questioning what we're going to do with the butter!
Optum-orange Lazer sunglasses look cool even with the maple leaf kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment