Oct 24, 2012

The Beginning of the Off-Season.

The World Championships in The Netherlands with the Canadian National Team was my final race for the 2012 season.  What an experience.  Instead of heading straight home to Québec, I spent 10 days in Switzerland, where my Dad lives, with my Orbea Orca bike.  We visited Germany, Austria and Lichstenstein.

Along with some super long rides with nothing on my mind but enjoying the pure sensation of pedaling, I kicked off my off sesaon with some other activities like hiking in the Alps with my father.  The views were spectacular.  Climbing up the mountains for hours was a wicked experience.  I felt like a Care Bear, up in the clouds.Whatever my Care Bear special power was, it sure wasn't Walking-Down-Mountains.  Going downhill for hours took a toll on my knees and hips, I felt like a rickety grandmother.  I don't even have kids, let alone grandkids, sheesh.


I'm back home enjoying the gorgeous roads in Québec, and the occasional training session on my Kinetic Rock N Roll in my living room.  I go out jogging, and have started my strength training program in the gym.  I've been out mountain biking as well, I love playing around in the trails. 

Racing is done for 2012, but prep for 2013 is in full swing.  There's never a real down-time for me in this bike racing deal, the tasks at hand and their priority levels just change.  And I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another good read, Lex. Hope for a strong 2013 cycling year for you. -kamoteQ

    ReplyDelete